Hospital Registration

Bringing Sonburn to Parkwest!
My shirt didn't fit, so I improvised!
We went by Parkwest Hospital today to pre-register for delivery and take a tour of the childbirth center.  It actually ended up being slightly eventful for us!  While I was getting ready, I thought my water broke.  It wasn't anything major, just a "trickle," but it still freaked me out.  So, I called the doctor (conveniently across the street from the hospital) and they wanted me to come in.  When we got there, Rollin went ahead and started paperwork while I waited to be checked for signs of labor.

They ended up doing basically the same stuff they do for my normal checkups and found that things were fine (despite me gaining yet another pound!).  I do have a slight infection, though, but he prescribed me medicine and said it's no big deal.  And there is the small detail of scheduling an ultrasound for tomorrow because Ellie seems "a little big" in Dr. Myers's opinion.  In fact, his exact words were, "Do we have a recent ultrasound on her?  We need to schedule one because she is measuring to possibly be a big baby!"  Yay?  I'm definitely excited to get to see her since it has been since March, but slightly worried about her being big ... Maybe this means I'll get to deliver earlier, though!  :)


Rollin "planking" outside the hospital!
Rollin "owling" in the parking garage!
After all that excitement, I joined Rollin and we got to take our tour!  Since we had been there awhile, we were pretty hungry and ended up eating in the cafeteria.  (Rollin's new favorite "restaurant")  It was a little different than we had planned, but I guess at this point we can't really plan anything, huh?  I'll post tomorrow about what we find out during the ultrasound!

Comments

Popular Posts