Ellie Update: Week 36

Success!  I made it to all 8 midnight shows!
So, last night (or this morning?) was the Harry Potter 7: Part 2 midnight showing!  Common sense would say that at over 8 months pregnant, I probably shouldn't have gone.  But ... then I wouldn't have completed all the midnight shows!  Loved the movie and thought they did a great job with it.  Ellie will definitely be reading this series when she's old enough!  :)

I did well at first in the theater.  We had great seats and I could put my feet up.  What I didn't take into account was how much my back would hurt from no support.  Therefore, about 20 minutes into the movie I had to go stand in the aisle and lean against the railing.  That's where I stayed for the remainder of the movie!  Sara even came to check on me to "make sure you weren't having a baby!" as she put it.  I also had a great conversation with one of the movie employees about how she has 4 kids, the oldest being 17, and she totally understood my pain.  So funny.

I have determined that Ellie loves movies.  She wiggled the entire time, especially during fight scenes.  Probably those loud noises, huh?  She even had hiccups in preparation for the movie to start!  Hiccups are a regular occurrence these days, by the way.  Rollin said it was cute because they were "little baby hiccups."  So, of course I pointed out that a repetitive thumping in my abdomen wasn't what I would call "cute."  At least she's getting that breathing reflex going!

We went to the doctor today and he said that Ellie is definitely head down, but that I haven't dilated any yet.  We are starting the packing of the bags and registering at the hospital process next week!  Crazy that it's so close!  And tomorrow we are going for our hospital tour and baby class.  Should prove interesting and probably overwhelming!

Still thankful that God has continued to let our little girl grow so well and that I haven't been too much of a mess!  Praying for the discomfort I'm feeling not to overshadow how excited we are!  We should have a family of 3 pretty soon!!

Baby Gaga:
The countdown to your sweet lil' womb hi-jacker's eviction is closing in! In fetal developments: most of the bones (soft skull aside) in their little body are now completely hardened, providing a solid structure from which they can now make their grand debut into the world. In physical fitness news: your mini-champ's muscle tone is improving, and you’ll be impressed by their steel-like Ulnar grasp (a newborn reflex that occurs if you lay your finger in their palm).
http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/

Comments

Popular Posts