Happy 2013!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and such a blessed Christmas.  It's so fun seeing Ellie become more and more aware of what is happening around her.  Can't wait for what's in store for the holidays next year!
Excited for Santa!
To update, I am still with Knoxville Beauty Hunters, whose website is up and running!  You can even check out my personal fitness "testimony" in The Hunted!  I've also started a year-long challenge with my friend Laura to do 200 reps a day = 73K Challenge!  We started this past weekend at our youth's winter retreat, Frostbite.  That is where we will finish in 2014.  It's amazing how much more motivation you have when you aren't alone as you work toward your goals.  I'm so proud of how far I've already come physically, and am excited about the future.

Laura, John Macready & me on Day 1 of the 73K!
He is the founder of the 73K & an Olympic gymnast!
**Quick Plug**  Seriously ... if you need motivation to get/stay healthy, you need to join up with the Knoxville Beauty Hunters!  You will feel a part of this group after Day 1, I promise!  No excuses here - it's all women, every age/size/fitness level, and it's FREE!  (Donations are gladly accepted if you are able and/or felt led to give!)  Please get in touch with me if you are thinking about it!  **Plug over**
Knoxville Beauty Hunters
My spiritual journey has been consistent.  It was rough shortly after Christmas, though, when a former intern and friend of mine, Ali Sharp, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly.  It gives me hope to know that she is safe and whole with Christ, but my heart aches for her family, especially her newborn daughter.  It's through situations like this that I am reminded to stay focused on my purpose on Earth - to make disciples and glorify Christ in all that I do with my short time here.  We are studying the Beatitudes at church, and it has given me a renewed focus on the attitudes Christ expects of us.  It led so well into this past weekend with the youth of our church.  We talked about sharing our personal story with others and how the boldness to do so comes from being confident in what has changed within us.  Like the blind man who received sight from Christ, we may not have all the answers, but this we do know - we once were blind, but now we see (John 9:25).  It's my prayer that God put people in my path who need to hear my story and that I be confident in what I know to be True.

iPad fun with Daddy!
As far as Ellie goes, she will be 1 1/2 in just a few days!  This really is a fun age, as we can interact with and almost talk with her!  She finally said "Momma" not too long ago, and it just made my heart smile.  She is a pro at giving kisses and hugs now, which I was hoping she would be!  She also has four more teeth coming in - they look like little shark teeth!  Unfortunately, she is still getting over her first big cold.  It started with a temperature of around 101, and has lasted about a week.  She is a trooper, though.  Even though she didn't have much of an appetite, had a runny nose and a nasty cough, she was still pretty pleasant.  (And getting some extra snuggles from her wasn't bad either!)  We are glad it's almost over, though.
Daddy Daughter Day 2012 with Lance and Claire
Rollin has almost entirely healed from his surgery and is working on regaining strength in his shoulder. He is most definitely thankful that 2012 is long-gone!  He is currently rehearsing for "Lift Every Voice," the educational touring show for The WordPlayers.  I'm excited to say that I got them booked at Rocky Hill on February 21st!  This is a great show that focuses on the music of Harlem - perfect for Black History Month.
I'm going to be an AUNT!  July 2013!
Keep us in your prayers as we are hoping for some new changes in 2013!  No, no more babies for us, but a baby IS on the way! :)  Ellie has a cousin coming!  We are still prayerfully hopeful that God has some opportunities for us coming up, though!  I hope to update about them soon!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing...I miss getting daily updates! Really interested in the beauty hunters...when I find the energy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to missing the daily updates!! You would absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts