Mind Does Matter

One of the major reasons that I chose yoga as the exercise practice to kickstart my fitness journey was the focus on mindfulness.  I love the deliberate breathing, slow movements and reminders to smile.  This video in particular really hit home that while we want to be fit and trim, fitness should be something we enjoy.  In today's email, Adriene says, "In a world where we are so desperately seeking to trim, tighten and tone it is our responsibility to find consciousness and kindness in the 'push' to strengthen and tone."



You might notice the block that she is holding in the still of this video.  She's brought it out before, but this was the first video where I think it really would have made a difference.  So, I'm pretty sure the mat (and now block) in the "Save for Later" section of my Amazon cart will get the promotion to the actual cart soon...


Comments

Popular Posts