Taking Back Me

As evidenced by the fact that there are YEARS between my posts, I'm truly not much of a blogger. But I want to get back to it (at least for a month) to chronicle my latest journey. Bouncing back from having Penny was less "bouncy" than with Ellie. My body is showing signs of stretching and growing and it has been difficult to feel good about it again. I've tried Whole30, which I highly recommend, and that helped me begin to regain control of my eating. But now is the time to start up an exercise routine to help me regain my core strength.

Before and After - Yeah, pretty shocking, huh?

So, today is my first day in a 31 day journey into the world of yoga. I've been doing a lot of research on the kind of exercises my body needs to get my core strength back postpartum, and I feel really good about what yoga can do for me (both physically and mentally).  I'm going to be using the video series "30 Days of Yoga" with Adriene.  Today she suggested starting with a more basic video, so that is what I did.  If you are interested in beginning yoga but have ZERO experience like myself, here is a great video to start with:


What I've learned so far is that my strength is about as low as I thought it was, and this is going to be a tough 30 days. But I'm hoping by taking time each day to write a little here, I'll be able to hold myself accountable. And who knows? Maybe I'll be confident enough to post another Before/After at the end. :)

Comments

Popular Posts