Give Yourself Permission To Do Absolutely Nothing

Day 1 of The 30 Days of Yoga began today.  I have to say that I so appreciate that the first day of this journey is titled "Ease Into It."  Going into the second week of state testing and after spending an entire day leaning over testing materials and the computer, my neck and shoulders are super tense.  The idea that I could "breathe into" muscles that are tense is something I've never considered.  But (surprise!) it really does help them feel relaxed.


Today's session was a good mix of feeling good and relaxed and then a little nudge toward strengthening the muscles that need it the most.  I've done a lot of "in home" workouts and this has to be the quickest 35 minutes I can remember.  Honestly.
Something to think about - a mat.  The area that I have to do the sessions in is the living room which is a wooden floor and I'm using a folded blanket.  Yeah, not ideal.  So should I invest in one of these?  Quite possibly.  

Off to do some I-should-be-going-to-bed-but-I'm-going-to-check-out-Amazon browsing ...

Comments

Popular Posts