To Abide or Not to Abide?

Smiling at Mommy
Ellie will be officially 6 months old in a little over an hour.  While this has me VERY excited, I'm also a little scared at how fast 6 months flew by.  Is it always going to feel like this?  :/

She is a pretty fantastic kid.  She sleeps through the night (sorry other moms out there!), is happy the majority of the day and is eating baby food like a champ.  Ellie is more than we deserve, and we never forget that!  Rollin and I constantly joke that God is buttering us up for #2, Lord-willing.

Several people have been asking Rollin and me if we have made a decision regarding his treatment plan.  The answer is ... no, not yet!  :)  I was stressing over the weight of "making the right decision" and worrying about the potential outcomes that Rollin and I mutually decided to just take a break from discussing it.  Actually, it was probably more Rollin telling me we didn't need to worry about it and me reluctantly agreeing. This has ended up being such a blessing I didn't see coming!  Being a worry-er by nature, I usually almost always find it difficult to let go of important decisions and abide in God's provision, but lately that is exactly what I (we) have been doing. 

This has been the theme God is playing over my life recently.  I have been trying to DO so much that I have been missing my time BEING with Him.  Yes, it is a lot harder to devote time to my relationship with Christ, but I need to remember that when life is this busy, I need that time even more!  We had a youth minister's retreat with our church, Central Baptist Bearden, this weekend.  (Side note: SO very grateful for a church and a youth minister who is willing to make sure we, as fellow ministers, take time to retreat and refocus.)  Our speaker was Brandon Barnard and he echoed God's teaching in my life.  The analogy he used was thinking about a person who is sick.  When we're sick, we completely lose our appetite, and by not eating, grow weak.  Often you can't tell just by looking at us what is really wrong.  This, he said, is not too far away from the reality of our relationship with Christ if we aren't hungering for Him.  When we don't spend time with Him, we grow weary.
My prayer for myself and my family.
I'm praying for a return to a Christ-centered life instead of a me-centered (or even Ellie-centered!) life.  Please pray for our family as we continue to abide in Him and trust that He will reveal to us and give us a peace about what direction we need to go.  (Decision needs to be made by February 23rd).  As always, we are forever grateful for your love and support!  We love you!

Comments

Popular Posts