We have made it two months!

Ellie belly is officially 8 weeks old as of September 30! She has grown so much, we can't wait to find out just how much on Friday. She has to be one of the happiest babies I've ever seen. She is always smiling! One of her favorites is when you do a motorboat noise, especially if it's high-pitched!
"Dear God, thank you for my parents.  Amen."  :)
Rollin and I are in the full swing of work now. I'm feeling a little less like I'm drowning, and am so glad to be working with such a caring group of people. I'm still grateful every day for all the prayers of our sweet family and friends. My class is still very talkative. Funny story from today, though ... They are also quite confused. I changed the names, but here was the conversation ...

Michael: Did we do numbers 9-11? (on a test we had just taken)
Me: Yes, Michael, I just read them out loud.
Michael: You did?!
Me: Yes, where were you?
Michael: Um, here? Did you really read them?
Me: Yes, welcome back to class! We just finished our test!
Emily: Hope you enjoyed your trip!

"Michael" was still totally confused about why I was asking where he was, but he did end up finishing the test. Did quite well, surprisingly! I love that I get the chance to work with kids. They never cease to make me smile, even when they don't realize that they are. :)

I will have a good, informative update Friday after our two month checkup. She is getting her shots, so pray for us! Hope I'm not too devastated ...

Comments

Popular Posts