The One Thing That's Constant ... Change.

I'm feeling reflective tonight, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to update the 'ol blog! I'll start with an update about family. Penny is just a few days shy of 4 months old. She hit a stretch where she was sleeping up to 8 hours at night, but then the ever-fabulous 3 month growth spurt hit. I believe we're finally coming out of that phase, and it's about time to try for the crib. This week's goal is to get it assembled and moved into Ellie's room, officially making it The Girls' Room. Pray for that transition. :) We're hoping Ellie adjusts well to sharing the space. But then again she IS 3 1/2 and not always a huge fan of sharing ...
Penny has "found her voice" and is talking up a storm! It's so fun to watch her try and move her mouth to make the sounds she wants to make. Sometimes I find myself just watching her because she's growing and learning so fast. Life is so busy these days, I'm afraid I'll miss some of the precious moments that we were so careful to watch with Ellie. Penny is the happiest baby, though. I thought Ellie was a happy baby, but Penny will smile at anyone! And it's the kind of smile that uses her whole face. It just warms your heart.
(Penny & Ellie)
Rollin and I have been doing our best to spend quality time with Ellie now that Penny is here. We had great family fun over Spring Break going to the Chattanooga Aquarium and the Knoxville Zoo! But here recently, Ellie has attended her first UT game and ridden her first rides at Dollywood! (Disclaimer: When asked if River Rampage was a fun ride, she responded, "It was not fun for me," so it wasn't a total success.) :) At the end, though, she said she loved "Jollywood" and that it was "the best field trip ever!" We told her that it was a rule that you have to wear orange to the football games and she loved pointing out everyone who was "breaking the rules." It was so fun! #GBO
On the professional front, things are movin' and shakin' with Rollin and me! First, Knox County has announced the 6th cohort of Leadership Academy fellows! This group includes some pretty fabulous educators that I've had the privilege of working alongside. It's a little bittersweet for us, though, because it means this incredible experience is coming to an end. I absolutely love the people in cohort 5 and can't imagine how I would have gotten through this year without them. It really has hit us all that we've got 2 months left together and then we'll be splitting off and going different places. But we've already established that our GroupMe account MUST remain active and that no one is allowed to leave. That is vital to maintaining our sanity. :) I'll fully reflect on all that I've learned this year once the program officially comes to a close, but celebrating the next class of people has us all holding tight to these last few days. (Oh, and no, I don't know where I'll be next year - promise I'll tell you when I find out!)
As for Rollin, things are picking up quickly! His newly formed improv group, Full Disclosure, has their debut performance on May 14th. They are such a great group of people, and pretty dang funny, too. They're hoping to be able to perform regularly in Knoxville. If you're able, you should come check it out and show your support!
Now the best for last ... Rollin had mentioned to me awhile back that they submitted the play he has been in, "Princess Cut," to a festival in New York City and were waiting to hear if they made it in. (See the post "Countdown to Penny" for information about the play.) This festival just so happens to be the largest multi-arts festival in NORTH AMERICA with more than 200 companies performing for 16 days in over 20 venues. Thousands of groups submit work. It's called FringeNYC and, oh yeah, they got in. He will be going to New York City to perform and to continue to spread the message of awareness this play brings!!! To say that there is excitement in our house is an understatement!
I'll have a lot to blog about this summer and will definitely keep everyone updated, but I just wanted to take some time and jot a few of the latest happenings down. Lots of changes ... it's been awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts