'Twas the Night Before Penny

First of all, we were very lucky to have a fun and special Christmas this year. This was the first time that Ellie really "got it". We had several sweet conversations about Santa and Jesus - she's a pretty great kid!
We tried to stay active in the last two weeks, hoping it would encourage Penny to want to join in the fun! Jump Jam was one of Ellie's favorites. Unfortunately, we think Penny may have heard the conversations about the flu in Tennessee and was too nervous to join the world just yet. Can't really blame her.
She made it pretty apparent that December was NOT the month she wanted to be born in. :) At my 39 and 40 week appointments, I had just dilated 2cm and she was staying snuggled nice and high. (It must be pretty great in there!) I went to my 40+4 appointment today and she made the ever so slight move to 3cm. Although, she was a little less tucked away this time. I wonder if she'll be stubborn, shy or a mix of both ... At the appointment, Dr. Myers did the membrane sweep again, and I'm hopeful it will have an impact. If nothing else, hopefully it will speed up labor whenever it occurs! We ended up scheduling an induction for tomorrow morning since I am past my due date and we really want labor to be a possibility for me since I'm hoping to have a VBAC. (Here's some information about VBACs) Rollin and I decided we needed to have a meal with just the two of us since Ellie was at preschool. It seemed fitting to eat at Firehouse Subs just like we did the night before Ellie was born. It was very romantic. :)
It was so fun getting to tell Ellie that she will meet Penny tomorrow. She hugged me really tightly and said, "Really?! Thank you!!" I know she still has no idea what she's in for, but for now she is the most excited big sister ever.
For now, I'm going to finish my last minute cleaning, packing my bags and hoping Penny decides she's ready before 6 am tomorrow. Fingers crossed and check social media for updates hopefully soon!!

Comments

Popular Posts