YOLO, Right?

Well, it's almost July ...  Wait, already?!

Rollin is now officially 30 (whoop whoop!) and we had a great time celebrating!  Our friends and family were so nice to send in pictures and messages for him that I put into a slideshow.  (Side note, if you still want to send some, please do!)  He got to watch it with his very best friends, which was an extra bonus.  They were all in town for the first time in years for our dear friends Robbie and Sara's wedding. They got married last weekend and we had so much fun being with such wonderful friends.  It's nice to have those friends you can just pick up where you left off with, ya know?  Promises were made to make sure and get together yearly since Robbie and Sara were the last to get married ... Let's hope we can stick to it!  :)
Sara and her bridesmaids!
The rest of this month has mostly been spent with little Ellie Bean.  It's wonderful to be afforded the time to be with her this summer.  I definitely cherish it!  (As seen by the fact that I capture a LOT of it in pictures!)  She has tooth #5 coming in and I see her getting more independent every day.  It's both exciting and a somewhat bittersweet to see her growing into a little toddler.  I have loved getting to spend time with other Mommies and their sweet babies, too.  Seeing them all interact just fills your heart with pride and joy!  God's perfect timing is evident when you get to spend quality time like this with women you love and admire.  I'm sure Ellie won't mind that I've already chosen her friends for her, right?  Haha
Playdate with Sawyer and Abigail
Rollin has finished up two acting camps and VBS this month.  It never ceases to amaze me that God has orchestrated our lives so that our schedules allow us to truly love what we do and have a family.  We are called to our professions and are blessed by them on a regular basis.  I see Rollin doing what he was created to do when he talks about and works with those kids.  I pray that kind of joy for everyone!  If you don't feel called to your profession, please pray for the faith to find where God intends you to be!  It takes patience and someone in your life to be that rock of faith, but no amount of money can equal fulfillment in what you do!  (Can you tell I feel strongly about this?  Ask me any time if you want to know my full thoughts about it!)
Rollin and Bekah at VBS
This month has brought a lot of joyful events in our lives and some sad ones as well, with the passing of David's mother (my brother-in-law).  Every day there are events and other things that remind me that life is so short.  I've been seeing YOLO a lot, mainly on Facebook, I don't know about you.  I think it is a well-meant statement for the most part, but one of the high school freshmen in our Sunday School class said something about it that I really liked.  She said, "Ya know, I don't get why people are saying 'You Only Live Once!' and doing whatever they want.  It should be more like, 'You Only Live Once, don't screw it up!'"  It made me laugh, but she is so right.  There is nothing out there that you are "missing" by living according to His Word.  Think if it more as making the most of every opportunity to show love to those around you and experience fullness in Christ.  God grants us a certain number of days on Earth to bring glory to Him and tell others about the life he offers.  Are we doing that?  If you feel like you are missing something, THAT is probably what it is! 
It's worth it ... Right?
 June has been a month of reflection for me.  I've been working on bettering myself physically (which is going well, by the way!), and I've felt a little bit of an imbalance spiritually.  It's my prayer that I focus just as much on that as I do what I eat and how often I exercise.  It's just as essential!  One way I've been doing that is through Operation World.  It's a fabulous resource to help you see what is going on around the world and how to pray for those in need.  Please check it out!

Love y'all.  Thanks for reading about what the Princes have been up to this month!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts