Ellie Update: Week 29

"Ellie belly" at Joe's graduation
Well, it's official ... I can't get up off the sofa without a struggle.  Mostly due to the 16 pounds I've gained so far.  Yikes.  I figured this day was coming at some point, but now that it's here there seems to be no turning back!  Ellie is as active as ever, mostly in the early evening.  She seems to sleep most of the day when I'm moving around, but the second I sit down to rest, she gets going!  I've been able to see movements for awhile now, but they are getting bigger each week.  I'm just waiting to see that little foot move across my belly!  That active spirit is still keeping me from sleeping soundly, but that has improved somewhat.  Summer arrived just in time for me!

On a medical note, I passed my glucose test last week!  No special diet for me!  But my iron was a little low, so I've added yet another pill to my daily regiment.  Other than that, the doctor is still pleased with Ellie's heartbeat and my growth.  I did take a spill on the playground this week (hooray for my balance being thrown off!), but the doctor said there isn't anything to worry about as long as I don't have any discomfort or notice a decrease in movement.  And that definitely isn't happening!  So, praise God for another good report and healthy baby!

Baby Gaga:
If you’ve been feeling weird little fluttering butterflies in your belly, it’s not just your run-of-the-mill pre-birth performance anxiety. Actually, it's your amazing baby with a case of the hiccups: a fairly common occurrence at this point, due to them practicing breathing for their big birthday. In addition to getting a round of butterfly-like hiccups, your little swimmer has arduously managed to accumulate enough baby fat to account for nearly 3.5% of their overall body weight.
http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/

Comments

Popular Posts