Merry Ellie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! I finally decorated (a little less this year) for Christmas. It was so fun to get to hang up Ellie's stocking, made by my mom, aka Grammy. It is becoming more and more real that we are a new little family of three.

Ellie is doing so well. She is still the happiest little baby and such a blessing. She smiles at just about everyone and will probably stick her tongue out at you more than once. Her laugh is coming in more each day, and her noises that she makes are just precious. When she is laying on her back, she just has the best time. Partially because she has finally found her "piggies" (toes). Those are a new fun toy. Ellie had her fourth month appointment and Dr. Abby said she is still "perfect" (direct quote). :) Rollin and I talk all the time about how fortunate we are, and we try not to let many days go by that we don't thank God for our little miracle. She is weighing in at 14 lbs 2 oz now and is 24 inches long. That puts her in the 50th percentile in weight and 75th in length! The funniest stat is that her head, at 42.3 cm, is in the 90th. Our big-headed girl ... 


Rollin and I are starting to feel "normal" again. Something he pointed out as we were counting the consecutive number of days she slept through the night! She is a champ now at sleeping at night, and it is amazing how much of our sanity we have regained because of more sleep. I hope she can keep it up! Haha Rollin is performing with the WordPlayers in their Christmas show, "Nativity on the Square." He is headed out to Morgan Co. Prison today. I know, crazy huh? He really enjoys these performances, though, and all the interesting people he gets to meet! School, for me, is super busy. I still feel like I'm juggling too many balls at once, and I can't quite get a grip on things. I'm glad that Christmas break is on it's way because I know I need it. Quick shout out to you working moms out there in cyber-space ... this is hard!

Last little update ... Rollin, Ellie and I will be making our theatrical debut this Christmas. We will be playing the Holy Family, Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus, at our church, Central Baptist Bearden! If you need a place to worship Christmas Day, we'll be there at 10 am! We are extra excited because Rollin played baby Jesus, too, so this is our first family tradition!

Merry Christmas from the Princes!

Comments

Popular Posts