Building the Plane in the Air ...

That is a quote that has been used often to describe my job.  Oh, I got a new job.  In fact ... it has been quite a while since I've written on here. (I never was good at keeping a journal ...)

Let me catch you up!  :)

I left off last with the reflection of wanting to better myself spiritually as well as physically.  I'm happy to report that the exercise group I have been a part of is continuing!  In fact, we're meeting tomorrow to see how to continue the pursuit of a nonprofit organization.  Knoxville Beauty Hunters is the new name (website coming soon!) and we would appreciate prayer for our group and for Sarah Van Sickle as she continues to search after God's plan for her life.
Join us!  We'd love to have you!

Spiritually, I'm still journeying through - my prayer life has stayed pretty constant, but discipline-wise, I need a renewed energy.  Part of that is due to the whirlwind that was August!  A little background first: Rollin and I were able to go to Sonburn (our senior high youth camp) at the end of July while Ellie Bean stayed with her Aunt Beth and Uncle Joe for the week!  (Ellie also got to be in their wedding this summer, too!)  That trip was an answer to prayer as God refreshed our minds and hearts, and I had no idea that it was partially in preparation for the battle ahead of me.
Fiesta night!  (Thanks, Tommy)
Ellie the Flower Girl with Aunt Beth
Our whole family with the newlyweds in Dyersburg, TN!
In August, while setting up my classroom, I got a call from the head of the Reading Department for Knox County asking me to take a job as a Literacy Coach.  I had been told about the job, but never applied because I LOVE my job as a teacher and couldn't imagine doing anything else.  Well, when you get a call from someone that important, you take that as a sign you must be doing something right and you should take the job!  Through a LOT of tears, I transitioned from my home at Brickey-McCloud Elementary to Rocky Hill Elementary.  Oh, I questioned the decision for weeks (still do occasionally), but I am convinced that God has me here for this time and for a reason.
We also got to celebrate Bean's first birthday!  She LOVED the cake!
I've been trying to figure out how to do this new role, and so have totally let things like this blog fall by the wayside.  "Building the plane in the air as I go" is how I feel most days, but trusting that God will provide often feels like that.  My faith is being refined to the point where I just shrug my shoulders sometimes and say, "I don't know why I'm here, but God's got it figured out!"  It's a good place to be, but one where I feel inadequate at times.  Please pray for the faith to persevere!
Big girl seat!
Ellie has been growing like a weed!  She has 12 teeth, walks and is starting to talk more and more!  Puppy, kitty, uh oh, Da Da, Oooh, bye bye, hi and night night are among the favorites.  In fact, for the first time last night, I was getting her crib ready and said night night to her.  She says it back, walks over to me and puckers her little lips for a kiss.  I have to say that is probably one of the best things that has happened to me yet as a Mommy.  She did it again tonight, so I'm hoping this quickly becomes the norm!
Rest for the weary ...
As for Rollin, he is on the fast track to recovery for a broken clavicle.  Yep, 30 has been rough on him! (Makes me worried about what next year has in store for me.  Yikes!)  He had a plate and screws put in and bounced back very quickly.  He is back in Daddy-mode and doing an amazing job.  We are so lucky that he gets to stay home with Ellie while still pursuing acting.  The WordPlayers are currently touring "The Case of the Missing Bodies" and they are doing a great job.  Rollin even did one performance days before his surgery.  The show must go on, right?!  Continue to pray for The WordPlayers and for opportunities Rollin has as Education Director for the children's wing.

That's the most condensed version of the last few months I can give.  Thanksgiving is coming soon, which means Christmas is close behind, so who knows when I'll update next?  Haha

Comments

Popular Posts